ELEIKO OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTING AND PROGRAM DESIGN FOR STRENGTH COACHES
Eleiko Sport is the premium choice for coaches and personal trainers when choosing strength and conditioning equipment. Over the years, Eleiko has also become the number one choice for education and training programs. The course that we offer in the US is a comprehensive course in Olympic weightlifting that is specifically designed for strength coaches who work with athletes in various sports.
Look at what some people have to say about our newly launched course:
"Eleiko has created the most comprehensive introductory course on Olympic lifting and programming for sport that I've ever seen. The pre-course materials help you improve before you even begin the two days of in-depth learning, breaking down video, and hands-on lifting and coaching. The training plan design information teaches participants when, why, and how to apply the lifts in a strength and conditioning program. Led by highly knowledgeable and dynamic instructors, this is a top-notch course for new and seasoned coaches."
-ROGER NIELSEN, Head Coach of the 1992 and 2008 USA Olympic Weightlifting Team and Senior International Level Weightlifting Coach
"The Eleiko Olympic Weightlifting and Program Design For Strength Coaches Course is the first course that I attended that combined high-level hands on teaching with interactive program design discussions. The course design was a great way to learn from proficient and knowledgeable instructors and also from every professional in the room. Anyone wanting to incorporate or become more efficient in Olympic weightlifting techniques should attend this course to learn both the “how?" and the “why?” of weightlifting. You will be a better coach after this learning experience.”
-JASON PULLARA, Director of Sport Performance and Assistant Athletic Director at Northwestern University
The purpose of this course is to prepare strength and conditioning professionals to excel in all aspects of their jobs including:
- Teaching the Olympic lifts in a group setting
- Designing periodized training plans for all sports
- Assessing and addressing movement deficiencies
- Managing a facility
- Working with sport coaches
- Monitoring athlete progress
This is the first course of its kind, tackling the full scope of duties associated with strength and conditioning. Whether you are just starting out or are looking to expand your current knowledge base, this course is a great learning opportunity.
Our unique course structure and delivery also promotes deeper learning of the material through a combination of pre-course study, In-class problem-based learning (i.e. case study method), hands-on coached technique work, post-course resources for further education.
WHO IS THE COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The Eleiko Olympic Weightlifting and Program Design for Strength Coaches course is designed for you to learn how to lift with proper technique, as well as the programming concepts to develop maximum strength.
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- Sport coaches who manage the strength and conditioning for their athletes
- Students planning on a career in coaching or strength and conditioning
- Sport performance coaches
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Teach the Olympic lifts and other major exercises efficiently and correctly in a group setting
- Properly assess and address movement deficiencies in athletes
- Create and administer valid and reliable tests to monitor athlete progress
- Develop a periodized annual training plan from scratch for a variety of sports
- Understand foundational applied physiology, anatomy, biomechanics, and kinesiology and how they relate to practical aspects of training
- Distinguish individual athletes learning styles and utilize effective coaching techniques to reach all types of learners
- Develop a “coach’s eye” for identifying and correcting common errors in the lifts both live and using video feedback
- Navigate the legal responsibilities and managerial aspects of being a strength coach